03.02.2009 Wordology

MISSOURI

 

Sounds familiar? Yes,Missouri is a state in what we know as the Unites States of America. But what’s the big deal aboutMissouri that we put it on the blog?

 

I was talking to an American friend of mine and was, as usual, talking big. That I will be in the States one day and do this and that... He said “I’m from Missouri; you’ll have to show me.” I thought the guy was really fromMissouri till the day I came across this interesting state in my gigantic Webster’s Dictionary. Please continue reading and don’t be tricked when an American says “I’m from Missouri.”

 

4.   from Missouri, Informal. unwilling to accept something without proof; skeptical: I'm from Missouri--you'll have to show me that you're right.

 

Missourians are odd folks.

 

Sir Con

Comments